Here are some of the sustainability practices we currently follow:
- We print out only what we need to print (and it isn’t much at all). One continuing factor in the improvement: setting our network printer to automatic double-sided printing. Practically all of our written correspondence is electronic; contracts and other documents that we once faxed are now scanned and transmitted as PDF files. And we surface mail business correspondence only when it is absolutely necessary to do so;
- Old computers and technology are “wiped clean” of data, then donated to an authorized computer recycling center;
- We consume filtered tap water. Further, we make sure toilet pumps are properly set and toilet flappers are not leaking (if they are we replace them, immediately);
- In the winter our automatic thermostats drop to 65 degrees. We wear layers! Summers in the Washington D.C. area have been some of the hottest-on-record so we must use air conditioning. But we set our automatic thermostats at 78 degrees:
- We have surpassed our goal of recycling 50 percent of our post-consumer waste (plastic, newsprint, glass, and metals);
- We promote virtual office capabilities, mass transit stipends, and other environmentally friendly practices;
- We utilize Skype and FaceTime to interview our candidates for open assignments, saving thousands of dollars annually in out-of-pocket travel and entertainment expenses. As a result, our company has yielded a substantial carbon footprint reduction, and;
- We put our money where our mouth is active members of E2 (Environmental Entrepreneurs). E2 is the U.S.’s leading non-partisan sustainable business advocacy group that fights to protect our air, water, people, wildlife, and habitat.
The information that you provide to us is kept private and secure. Name and contact information will be used only to inform you about relevant executive search activity and other related items. This may be accomplished through periodic postings to the email address(es) you specify, surface mail, or phone contact. We will not sell, trade, or lease your personal information to others.
Further, we will not submit to a client, or any third-party, your contact information or credentials without first securing your prior knowledge or consent.
We monitor visitor traffic patterns and site usage statistics such as clicks, hits, and domains from which people visit our web site. And we analyze these data for trends to help us improve the site and our professional services.
If you wish to contact us regarding a privacy issue or any other concern, please click here or call us at:
+1 703 835 9900.
Dan Smolen and The Green Suits, LLC authorize you to copy documents published by Dan Smolen and The Green Suits, LLC on the World Wide Web for personal or non-commercial use only, provided any copy of these documents that you make shall retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained herein. Except as expressly provided, nothing contained in this paragraph shall be construed as conferring any license or right under any Dan Smolen and/or The Green Suits, LLC copyright. No materials available on the Dan Smolen and/or The Green Suits, LLC web sites may be stored, transmitted, or reproduced by any means (including but not limited to electronic, mechanical, scanning, photocopying or recording) without our prior written permission.
Trademarks and Intellectual Property Disclaimer
The Green Suits® and the “people” logo designs are trademarks of Daniel T. Smolen. No trademark, service mark or other license is granted in connection with the content of the DanSmolen.com website, The Green Suits, LLC web site, or other web sites owned by Dan Smolen or The Green Suits, LLC.
Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license to any patent, trademark or other intellectual property right of The Green Suits, LLC or any third party. The Green Suits, LLC makes no representations or warranties that any use of the information contained on this web site will not infringe any such patent, trademark or other intellectual property right of The Green Suits, LLC, or any third party.
The information on this web site may include typographical inaccuracies.
Under no circumstances will The Green Suits, LLC be liable to any person or business entity for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or other damages based on any use of this web site or any other web site to which DanSmolen.com or The Green Suits, LLC web sites are linked, including, without limitation, any loss of revenue or information or interruption.
The Green Suits, LLC, a Limited Liability Company, is chartered in The Commonwealth of Virginia.
©2006-2017 The Green Suits, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Baby American Robins photo ©2005 Dan Smolen